and quality education so DC residents
in need can build a better future.
This scheduling system allows our volunteers to...
- Sign up for their own shifts!
- Individual or Group volunteers can see what opportunities are available.
- If you are a pre-scheduled reoccurring volunteer, don't worry, we have assigned your shifts for you.
- If the shift you want is full you can add your name to the waitlist through the waitlist option. You will be notified right away if the the shift opens up.
With these new additions, we expect our volunteers to do the following...
- Check the page regularly and/or sign up for the waitlist option of a shift.
- Be sure to show up on the date(s) you signed up to volunteer. You will get a confirmation and reminder email but we will NOT call and confirm.
- Log into your account to cancel your shift, if needed. Please cancel your shift at least 48 hours (before that is preferred, please see our cancellation policy below) in advance so that gives people on the waitlist enough time to plan accordingly.
Our volunteers range in age from elementary students to retirees. Schools, church groups, civic groups, business and law offices and employees from many businesses around the Washington D.C. metro area make up the corps of approximately 10,000 volunteers that walk through our doors every year.
We also have volunteers coming from many church and youth groups from around the U.S., as well as from international groups from Hungary, Africa, Russia, Latin America, China, and Japan.
Martha's Table is being used as a model for learning how to attract, retain and utilize volunteer services to maximize their potential.
Every month we feature a Volunteer of the Month in our e-newsletter. The Volunteer of Month for December is Yoliswa Jarrett. See her story and all of our honorees on the Volunteer of the Month page (link above). To join our email list please scroll to the bottom of this page and enter in your email address.
Don’t forget, if you are not able to volunteer at this time, you can also support us with a donation. We appreciate your interest in Martha’s Table. Thank you!
Volunteering at Martha’s Table creates a bridge that helps people connect across a sometimes separated and segregated region. It helps shape our community and allows people to live their values and be part of the solution.