How to Help
How can I help?
Why do we need Martha’s Table in our community?
Our food programs provide 600,000 meals a year:
- Our vans distribute meals to people on the street 365 days of the year.
- We provide meals for seniors.
- We serve meals to children and youth in our educational programs.
- We distribute bags of groceries at Martha's Table every month; in 2009 alone, the demand has almost tripled.
Our education and outreach programs help break the poverty cycle:
- We offer day-care, after-school, summer programs, teen college preparation and job training.
- We serve 300 children and youth aged 3 months to 24 years old.
- We make a meaningful difference in the lives of young people dealing with the challenges of poverty with quality programs. Our after-school program is one of only two nationally accredited programs in D.C.
- Martha’s Table’s day-care is being evaluated for accreditation as well.
- Every year, 100% of high school seniors who participate in our programs graduate and the majority of them go on to college.